Friday, February 9, 2024

Three year Run

 Right around 3 years now since my last post. Obviously a bunch has happened. I am going to focus this post on the current state of things and the most recent set of producer lessons that I have learned. 

Producing seems to be a constant master class in getting your ass kicked and not giving up. It's one of those things that you never truly master, it's a lifelong journey kind of thing. Only, that's not 100% true. 

In this post I am going to jump between film and episodic series formats, they are different and represent very different goals for me. Series or what used to be known as TV is something I very much want. I want to be a show runner for something I created. 

I am looking at 4 awards on my wall for that's projects script and I know that work still needs to be done. I have hope about this project but much less momentum than I should. It's in the Cyberpunk Genre and will come to either be a tale of caution or redefine the genre. It's actually a CyberUtopia piece but nobody says that so I have to explain it every time I do. The reason I bring this up is that this is my goal. To create this show for as many seasons as I can get out of it. But first I am going to recap what I have worked on since my last post. 

These are not in order since I am not going into detail about most of the shorts, live events, music video's or commercials. 

Since my last post: I have;

1. Directed a Short film [Proof of Concept] for my Cyberutopia/Cyberpunk series. 

        Project Status - I am making great strides in the post which I have now taken over the bulk of the            edit. I couldn't be happier. It is looking really really good. 

2. Produced multiple short films, gotten some EP credits, one Co-Producer Credit. 

        Project Status -  all of these are finished and either published to the universe or are out of my                hands. 

3. Post produced a documentary mini-series

        Project Status - Looking for a Buyer. Final Deliverables for the Sales Agent. 

4. Produced a $200k+ Test shoot using a digital wall and a 35 MM film camera. This was for a $3.5 to $5M film with a Oscar Winning Actor attached. By far the most prestigious thing that I have worked on as a Producer. 

        Project Status - The project was set to move forward after the test shoot then the strike shut                    everyone down. I don't know were things are currently and I do not expect to get a phone call. 

5. Started 3 companies that all contributed to a 4th company that are all in the film/entertainment/tech spaces. This is a massive undertaking and has many pieces. It takes up a good chunk of time. One of the companies I am running all of my digital content through including Podcasts (We have 4 shows in production currently). 

        Project Status - A VC firm is aware of one of the companies and is only waiting for a pitch deck            from me. We pitched one element and they said yes upon seeing a completed pitch deck to a $500k         award. 

A smattering of other projects that I have consulted on, written, writers rooms, produced on etc. Some Production Design work as well. 

That's the short version of the last 3 years. Its been fun. 

Thinking back on this it's actually a lot, and a pretty successful run if I do say so myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment