Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Producer +

My Producer + is a blog about producing that goes on and on about my experiences as a producer/film maker living in Chicago, having moved from LA in 09 and trying to not move anywhere else until I get it to work where I am at.

That said I do all sorts of jobs in the industry mostly freelance PA, but have done everything from Dolly Grip to dish washing, and all the props/FX in between. Now I am not saying I have done every job, V.F.X. for instance, or media manager. But a lot of them nevertheless. In case you have not noticed I am using industry jargon a bunch. If you don't know what it means then ask or I've heard people use Google(heh capitalized itself) to look things up nowadays. Crazy world I know.

Right now, and I mean RIGHT FN NOW. I am THE producer on and independent Indie) film entitled, "Buckle UP PUNK!". Which outlines the story of a community college drivers education teacher "Ed". The story is set in a fictional more nasty Chicago circa 1985. Buckle Up Punk (Link) The blue is of course the link to the site where you can see the log-line synopsis of the story ect.

So basically the above paragraph is why I am qualified to talk about any of this stuff because right now I am living it. Hard. Previously I had a producers blog The Castle Muse, which is still up but has now been converted to my writing blog. Why the change, well "what's in a name...".  Really, it's the name,The Castle Muse. Which is more indicative of feelings and some crap. Plus it's a pain in the but to S.E.O. (Search Engine Optimize). Recently I've had pressure to write more (this is a good thing) and I seem to be cranking out the blog stuff (My third blog is GTEiN which is hopefully my last, most this one is about video games/culture and  entertainment culture, ect.). So The Castle Muse is where I will self publish a bunch of my writings and literary musings. Which of course now makes the title of that blog make waaaaaaay more sense.

OK, so that is the nuts and bolts of this thingy now onward! With the producing stuff I mean, (cough) of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment